Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Feliz Pascua!!!

So for Easter yesterday nobody really recognized it which was kinda a bummer. We didn't have talks in church about the Atonement or the Resurrection or anything, but Elder Cromwell gave a farewell talk. Just as good! Ha ya the only Easter stuff that happened was the Easter egg hunt activity us missionaries organized last Sunday. We got all the makeshift Mexican egg painting supplies and I showed them the tradition and explained the symbols of the eggs and rabbits and everything. The members really loved looking for the eggs outside of the church and I got to use some of the supplies my mom sent me to give for prizes like pictures of Christ and pencils that say I'm a Child of God in Spanish. After the hunt we talked about the Atonement and watched the movie, Finding Faith in Christ, and had horchata and empenadas after. I felt like everyone loved it and felt the Spirit. It was also just really fun to have an activity all together with the ward so they can sense the unity we have as members of the church. We all love and care about each other and that is one of the things I love most about the church. There's no other place like it.

Elder Cromwell left this morning so it's just me and Elder Reyes right now which is a relief. I'm going to like having someone with less experience so we can have more unity in learning things together instead of the teacher student companionships I have had before.
I'm so excited for General Conference this weekend! It makes me think about my last one in the MTC. I can't believe that was six months ago! There's a rule though, that we can't go watch the Saturday sessions at the church unless we bring investigators. If that's not some good motivation I don't know what is!
SHOUT OUTS FOR EVERYONE WHO WROTE ME A EMAIL THIS WEEK like Sarah and Tommy! Sorry if I didnt get to answer this week, but I'll try the best I can to get to it next time.
ANOTHER SHOUT OUT FOR MY BROTHER ROBBIE WHO HAS A DATE TO PROM! Haha I'm proud of you hermano!
Everyone have a Happy Conference! Take some notes!
Love,
       Elder Adam Shurtliff

No comments:

Post a Comment