Monday, April 29, 2013

CANCUN BOUND

These last few weeks Elder Reyes and I have been working pretty hard to make sure our investigators are getting ready for their baptisms next month. The sad part is that today was transfers and now I'm in Cancun! My area is called Bonompak and I haven't met my new comp yet, but his name is Elder Ramirez and we are going to open up an area that has been closed for a couple transfers just like Tizimin. Ha so I guess I have some experience plus Elder Ramirez is getting ready to go home in four months or so.

I'm excited to start fresh in a new area and to meet new people, but at the same time I was just getting really comfortable with the ward and area in Tizimin. I was enjoying actually knowing where things are and now I have to start all over again. ha I'm ready for it though. The saddest part is that after working hard with Elder Reyes, I'm not going to be able to see the baptisms that we have lined up for every week next month. One member I really love just had a new baby boy and she asked me to bless him next week. I would have given a baby blessing the same day as my big bro Travis to his first baby girl! It's a bummer, but God knows what He's doing. 
I'm really going to miss good ol Tizimin. Cancun is going to be a whole lot different. Everything is HUGE here! Well maybe it's normal and I have just gotten used to the little villages.

One SHOUT OUT this week for my Grandma Shurtliff! I just got your letter from a month ago and it gave me just what I needed! I love you!

Thank you so much everyone for reading my blog, and for all your love and prayers. Keep em comin!
Pics next week!

HAVE YOU READ THE BOOK OF MORMON TODAY?!

Love,
       Elder Shurtliff

No comments:

Post a Comment