Tuesday, December 3, 2013

HOLA SANTAS LITTLE HELPERS!

My Thanksgiving week was pretty great! I love a good excuse for eating more! Elder Hernandez and I looked for turkey (that wasn't alive) and pumpkin pie but there wasn't any to be found so we ordered a pizza and some hamburgers and fries haha. The best part of the week was taking time to really think about all the blessings we receive from our Heavenly Father everyday. It always gets me pumped and ready to do some good!

On Thanksgiving we had our first district meeting me being leader and I talked about how gratitude is the source of the attributes of Christ and had everyone say what they are thankful for before I gave them a Quaker cookie haha. (Quakers are pilgrims right?!)

Then yesterday we had a huge meeting with all of the leaders of Cancun to listen to a Seventy of Mexico talk to us about the Work of Salvation and it really got everyone excited. We all split off in the stake center at the same time to have a mini ward council meeting listing off names of the people we can visit that same week. That's what I'm talking about!

My area is doing awesome because we are finding a lot more people to teach and these people are no doubt chosen and prepared! They love hearing that they could be baptized on New Years! Ha I hope everyone had an awesome Thanksgiving and survived Black Friday!

Shout OUT! Sarah Henretty sent me a Late Night with Jimmy Fallon sharpie, postcards from NYC and a letter!
John 8:31

Love,
       Elder Shurtliff

No comments:

Post a Comment