Monday, November 25, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!


Transfers were yesterday and I'm staying here with Elder Hernandez, but I got my first leadership position as District Leader. I was hoping for a son but I'm stoked to see what I can do for the district. You could send Elder Hernandez anything from Deseret Book and he would like it ha.
Matching Mickey pins
In the Celestial Kingdom
SHOUT OUTS. Happy belated birthday to Natalie Robson! It was on the 17th! AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BEST MOM EVER!

Mexicans don't really celebrate American holidays even though they are missing out on an excuse to eat a ton haha but I'll for sure try to put in my own tradition to celebrate like turkey tacos ha. During this time of year I love to look around and remember all the awesome blessings I have and it always gives me tons of energy to help others. From being in Mexico I have learned to be more grateful for indoor plumbing, A/C, and streets not made of dirt ha, but more than anything I'm so grateful for God's perfect plan for us and that he is a God of miracles especially in these latter days. The redeeming love our Savior has for us and the Restoration of is true Gospel are things I will always cherish. We are so blessed to be able to live in this final dispensation with the fullness of the Gospel. I'm so grateful for the knowledge that God will always forgive us that I will live with my family forever. More than ever I'm thankful for the blessing of prayer and this promise. Mormon 9:21.

HAVE THE BEST THANKSGIVING AND BIRTHDAY EVER MOM! I'm so thankful for all you do for me.

Love,
       Elder Shurtliff

No comments:

Post a Comment