Monday, September 30, 2013

I'M OFFICIALLY A YEAR OLD

To celebrate my year I made an American style breakfast with pancakes (with peanut butter and syrup) and BACON and orange juice. YUM. I also attempted to do a ceremonial pants burning, but it didn't really work out ha. I thought my bug spray was flammable and I ran out of matches. I guess God didn't want me to burn down the backyard ha.
Throwback Monday. Making it rain at the MTC.
Hola amigos! This week was pretty sweet! Elder Terriquez and I did a couple splits with other missionaries and I learned a lot from them like to be more direct with my investigators. A lot of times I let lame excuses pass by easily when somebody isn't reading or going to church, but now I know it's more important to get down to the cause which makes it a whole lot easier to help them do it the next time.
 
Elder Terriquez and area are doing awesome and there were a ton of investigators in church this week. Chemax is progressing great and I'm really seeing the desire of the family there to be baptized. I really want to go into detail, but I'll save that for later. Just know that I love teaching families!
Vallodolid! It's clean here!
We just had a ward activity where tons of members showed their Mexican cultural talents like singing mariachi, dancing with big dresses, and there was even one who imitated Michael Jackson. Ha it was pretty sweet. What was really cool was that when a little girl was singing and forgot the words to the song she got embarrassed and stopped for a bit, but everyone started clapping and she finished the song. It was so awesome to see how the ward supported her and how all the members are one huge family. That's one of the things I love most about the church.

SHOUT OUTS to Aunt Lyn for sending me the best tasting homemade rice krispy treats and a ton of awesome Deseret Book stuff that I can't wait to give out to my investigators. AND one for the Shurtliff family who gave me the traditional group card with all their little messages on it. AND one more for Nicole Wills who sent me an old fashion letter! WOOT GRACIAS
 
Have a good General Conference weekend everybody! NEW MISSION YEAR RESOLUTION. I'm going to start putting a scripture in all of my blogs this year. Today its D&C 88:119-126. READ IT!
 
Love,
       Elder Shurtliff
Flooded streets of Cancun
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment