Monday, August 5, 2013

Little, Old Pueblos Are My Favorite

I'm doing awesome here in the old pueblo with Elder Terriquez! I really do like the peaceful villages here in Mexico. Unlike Cancun, it's a lot more chill because the streets are about half the size (more than half of them being dirt) and the people are either working or just hanging out at home. Elder Terriquez and I are getting on really well because of how alike we are. He's from a state of Mexico called Sinora and just finished high school before he came, but he wants to study medicine like me. He has 9 months on the mission and is waiting for his girlfriend to get her own call soon.
Cleaning the Font
Reyna's baptism
Our baptism was pretty awesome. The girl that got baptized is named Reyna, and is 25 years old and teaches kindergarten. Shes from an inactive family, but thanks to her new RM boyfriend she found her way back to the church again! They had me share my story of my own baptism which I haven't thought about in a long time. Ha it was way awesome.

SHOUT OUT this week for my Grandma 'Due who sent me an awesome birthday card that I just got. THANK YOU! Thank you everyone for all your love, support, and prayers. Right back at ya!
I hope everyone had a good fast Sunday and you are all working towards spiritual goals that will strengthen your testimony. FASTING IS THE BEST!

Love,
       Elder Shurtliff
Pouring rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment