Monday, August 19, 2013

Sukumes y Kiks! (Hermanos y Hermanas) (Brothers and Sisters)

Life is good here in Valladolid! It's been hot and humid, but with a whole lot of rain. It was awesome to see so many members come to church in our ward yesterday. We had a full house! I guess everyone came back from their vacations because today is the first day of school for everyone. Right now we are teaching a little old lady named Arcadia who only speaks Maya and we have members help us out in communicating with her. I want to learn Maya so bad now! I have a Book of Mormon in Maya and I always love learning little phrases to tell the villagers. Malo Sukum! Ha Arcadia is awesome though because even though she can't understand much in church she still goes and feels the truth by the power of the Holy Ghost. Thats the Spirit! Ha Elder Terriquez and I are preparing her for baptism next week!
This week we also had our first Zone conference in the brand new Tizimin zone with President Kirkham. Meetings with President Kirkham are very casual and we even start having discussions which help us learn from the Spirit how we can really progress. Sister Kirkham says we have to help our comps learn more English . Will do! I'm starting to give English classes at the church! Wish me luck!
President and Sister Kirkham
I hope everyone has a good week and good luck to all those who are starting school! Study hard! Play hard!...safely Ha. BYE

Love,
       Elder Adam Shurtliff

No comments:

Post a Comment