Monday, July 22, 2013

Hola Hermanos y Hermanas!

This week flew right by!
So transfers were yesterday and I'm staying here to kill Elder Ramirez! Ha it's his last transfer so he will be my third kill. Even though we didn't change there were a lot of changes in the mission. 3 elders from our zone in Cancun went to be zone leaders in other places and one is opening the new zone that includes my mission hometown, Tizimin! I miss that little town! I'm excited to help our area grow though because it needs a lot of work. We have been working a lot with the less active members to get some references going and because of that 15 of them went to church yesterday! woohoo! It was sweet! This week our goal is to get one sister married and baptized on the same day. We can do it! Her name is Alondra and she has gone to church every week since we got here, but has been waiting to get married. She's so ready and I am so excited!

Do you know what else I'm excited for?! MY BEST FRIEND SARAH HENRETTY IS GOING TO SERVE A MISSION IN FRANCE!!! Hahaha Super Duper Mega SHOUT OUT in the history of SHOUT OUTS for her! I'm so proud of her!

I hope everyone is having an awesome summer! Love one another and read your Book of Mormon!

Love,
       Elder Shurtliff

P.S. Here's the mission address!

Mision Mexico Cancun
SM 038 M9 LT 1
AVENIDA CHICHENITZA
CP. 77507
CANCUN, QUINTANA ROO
MEXICO
We went to a buffet

We went to a buffet

Elder Maurer goes to the new zone in Tizimin!

Touristy pic!

Touristy pic!
"No to drugs. Yes to Jesus."


No comments:

Post a Comment