Monday, July 7, 2014

FELIZ 7/7!!!!

July 7th is an especially lucky day because everyone is really nice to me on this day for some reason. Ha MUCHAS GRACIAS everyone for all your birthday wishes! Today I'm officially a man!

I hope everyone had an awesome 4th of July! There were no fireworks here, but I heard that in the Hotel Zone they put on a show. I told Elder Oliver that it's too bad we can't go, but we can come back next year to see it. Then I remembered it would be kindof against the point traveling to Mexico to celebrate the 4th of July HA. Oh well, Elder Oliver and I celebrated with a full American style breakfast and a red white and blue cupcake. Too bad it was a French flag haha. Then we got money to eat lunch wherever we wanted so we ate at our local burger place and had a huge BBQ burger with bacon and pineapple. AMERRRICA!


 So the whole ward was getting super excited for Rocio's baptism planned for Wednesday, but it turns out that she still needs some time to quit smoking. So we are hoping and praying that next week that she will be ready! It broke my heart to tell her that she had to wait another week to be baptized, but we explained how important it is to be clean and pure to make sacred covenants with our Heavenly Father. The couple I talked about last week are Cesar and Kathy and they are super Bible smart. They believe in the Apostasy so much that they don't like having one religion. We have only seen them twice, but they were excited to read the Book of Mormon. Here's hoping! Oh and to clarify, Maya isn't a city, it's the ward that we are in here in Cancun. We had a challenging week with lots of people committing to help us and then canceling, but this week will be better I know it. Elder Oliver and I are trying to get to know each other better and sometimes we just might express our own opinion a little too strong, but we always work it out in the end.

I love and miss you all! READ THE BOOK OF MORMON! I loved this when I read it today. 2 Nephi 26:23-33

Love,
       Elder Shurtliff

No comments:

Post a Comment