Tuesday, March 12, 2013

This week...

The back of the Patriarch's bakery
HI everyone! so funny story, I get back from a long bus trip from Merida one day and my comp tells me we are at war with North Korea...WHAT? Ha whats going on? I dont have a lot of time this week, but something cool that happened is we had our Stake Conference, but I'll talk about that next week.

My comp and I are doing a lot better. Its kinda weird to me how we can have a big argument and then ten minutes later we are studying and teaching the Gospel like it never happened. Thats the power of the Spirit! Of course we shouldnt be arguing in the first place, but we are both pretty stubborn. ha Let's just say I'm learning a lot more patience and humility. I know having him as a companion is a challenge, but it's an even greater blessing. He's got just about three weeks left and I'm hoping I actually get a comp that stays with me a little while longer than a transfer before I start training.

We are making a lot of progress in our ward and helping out a lot of less active members trying to find references. Almost every inactive member I teach misses the church and having the Spirit in their lives, but they just need that special motivation to spark their will to return. Thats where the members come in. So make sure you are always looking for ways to help out the less active members in your ward, because you could be an answer to their prayer.

Stay safe from North Koreans!

Love,
Elder Shurtliff

Elders from my MTC district that I ran into















Mom here: Just a note for you in case you are sending Adam a package and don't know what food treats he likes. He doesn't have peanut butter in Mexico. He wouldn't mind honey roasted peanuts or trail mix (we usually buy the Mountain Trail Mix from Walmart). He is missing Reeses Puffs too. Mexico chocolate is very different from what we are used to and is missing snickers or other chocolate candy, but I must warn you that customs has chocolate on their "not allowed to send" list. When asking other Mexico moms about it, it seems that most have sent it anyway and listed it on the customs form as 'confections'. All has arrived safely and no missionaries have done time in Mexican jails for being mailed chocolate as far as I can tell, so do what you feel is best, but I have let you know.... Of course, we all know Adam's affection for Starburst jellybeans, Cadbury carmel eggs, and other Easter treats. I have already stocked up on jellybeans this year so that I can send some with every package throughout the year. If interested, you may want to do something similar. If you haven't sent him a package yet and do not know, it is EXTREMELY expensive. I am not advocating that you send him stuff and really, he doesn't NEED anything, but in case you are interested, I wanted to pass the info along.


No comments:

Post a Comment