Monday, January 14, 2013

I Made It!

I'm finally in Mexico and I'm loving it even if my feet feel like they are going to fall off everyday and I'm always soaked in sweat. I'm in a little pueblito (city) called Tizimin which is right between Merida and Cancun. My new comp is a 22 month old Mexican who is going to die soon, but he's awesome and we get along really well because he's a weirdo. Hm I wonder why my last two comps have been weirdos and I have gotten along so well with them. Ha, coincidence I guess.

The Spanish of course is coming along really well since its pretty much all I speak now. I'm loving the hammock and the food is fantastico as if that was even a question. There are always people walking around on the streets and are all really nice and are open to everything I feel like no matter what we taught them. It's really easy to find new people to teach unlike in Chicago, but the problem here is it's hard to get them serious about their commitments and to have a real desire to learn more and to act on it. Me and my comp are opening our area from being closed for a transfer and it's hard, but totally worth it.
The ward is really small and there are a ton of less actives which is why we are told not to go out tracting and try to have a member present in our lessons as much as we can so that new converts have friends and stay strong. 

Well, I hope you all like the pictures! Oh if you're worrying about my safety, DON'T. President Salinas told me to tell everyone that this mission is the safest in Mexico so it's you all that I'm worried about. Ha. stay safe and read the Book of Mormon!

THE CHURCH IS TRUE

Con amor,
              Elder Shurtliff

In case you forgot where to write, here you go:
Elder Adam Shurtliff
Mexico Merida Mission
Calle 45 #527 Q y Calle 70
Col. Centro 97000
Merida, Yucatan
MEXICO
This is the address to the mission office and where he would like to receive mail and, of course, packages.
~Monique

'Bye Chicago!



 Hola Mexico!


Taco Tuesday, or Wednesday, or Saturday...not sure really
Boy, he is SWEATY! Good thing they have SpongeBob ice pops there!

No comments:

Post a Comment