Friday, October 5, 2012

Hola!

Things are doing really well in the CCM. The language is coming along and I don't want to brag, because missionaries shouldn't be prideful, BUT my district is DA BEST.

In just a week we are all saying prayers, bearing our testimonies, and committed our first investigator totally in Espanol. We have an awesome teacher named Hermano Stoddard who is always happy and helps us see how important our purpose is as missionaries. By the second day we already had our purpose memorized in Spanish and we recite it everyday in classe. It's, "Invitar a las personas a venir a Cristo al ayudarlas a que reciban el Evangelio Restaurado mediante la fe en JusuCristo y Su Expiacion, el arrepentimiento, el bautismo, la reciban el Espiritu Santo, y el presverar hasta el fin." (or something like that) Everything we learn reflects right back to helping others come unto Christ. I'm getting used to the MTC life and days are going a lot faster. Our district always looks up to, "Gettin' Swole" during gym time (Natalie) and we all tend to talk in a Mexican accent even in English.
My companion can be a pain sometimes (or all the time) but it's really helping me out with my patience. It's a challenge for sure.

It's also hard just to stop addressing Elders and Hermanas as guys and dudes, putting hands in our pockets, and to try not to talk about movies. (We quote a Will Ferrell, Adam Sandler, or Jim Carrey movie everyday)

Other than that I'm having a blast even though I'm exhausted all the time and learning how to work. I'm really looking forward to going to the Provo temple for my first time today for our P-day.

After Provo I will have been to 9 different temples. GET ON MY LEVEL. I also have been waiting to write letters to everyone cause we can only write them on our P-day (Fridays). I'll try to get to as many of you I can. Please, por favor, write me muchas! I don't know how Dear Elder works, but getting those and other letters make my days so much better.
Remember it's: MTC Mailbox #284
                       MEX-MER 1126
                       2005 N. 900 E.
                       Provo, UT 84604

I miss you all! - Elder Shurtliff

No comments:

Post a Comment