Monday, June 2, 2014

Just the Beginning of the Pressuring of the Work of Salvation Here in Cancun

Elder Oliver and I are doing really good. This week was really rainy and hot, but miracles always happen when the weather gets rough. We had our zone conference with president and he talked a lot about how important to know how each of us are children of God. He said that we need to start doing divisions with members almost every night to get the work of salvation to the next level. Yesterday we did divisions and we went to go look for a guy we talked to on the street while he worked on his car. He invited us back, but didn't have time but we talked to his 18 year old son who is awesome! He understood the Restoration super well and I could even see his eyes light up when we answered his questions. He's like, "So I'm pretty like this Joseph because I have been to lots of churches too and I have no idea which one is true". It was awesome!
The other day a lady who I contacted on the street months ago found us again and she asked if we could talk. We went to the nearby park and she told us her story about how she's an alcoholic and she even drank and smoked in front of us. She only seemed to want to hear a message as a one time thing kind of deal so we just invited her to church and gave her a Book of Mormon. On Sunday morning we pass her by on our way to church and I made a joke to Elder Oliver saying that she's on her way to church too. Little did we know that she would actually walk into Sacrament Meeting during the testimonies. She absolutely loved it! We are going to see her tomorrow tonight!

I hope this is just the beginning of the pressuring of the work of salvation here in Cancun.

SHOUT OUT to the Peterson family! I forgot to shout them out last week for taking part in my awesome package! THANK YOU SO MUCH for my awesome custom ties and dvd! You have all gotten so big!

I love you all!
Elder Shurtliff

No comments:

Post a Comment