Tuesday, May 13, 2014

I LOVE MY MOMMA!

Singing praises to moms
Happy belated Mother's Day everyone! I got to talk to the best mom in the world yesterday with Skype! I know that thou shalt not covet, but you can be a little jealous ha. I finally got to explain to her what the Mother's Day card that I sent her last year really meant, because it was in Spanish haha.
President gave us an awesome talk from Elder Eyring in October 2003. I invite everyone to read that talk because its the true essence and "secret" to successful missionary work. It helped me see how natural it should be for all true disciples of Christ. In this week I have tried hard not to ever pressure anyone, but rather listen and teach with love. Transfers are today and President told me again that the Lord wants me to stay with Elder Oliver, because I'm "helping him to be a missionary". I'm honored with that heaven sent calling! We are going to do awesome this transfer I know it.
 
Transfer day! Here are all the sons and daughters arriving in Cancun from the MTC.
Yesterday I gave a talk in church after being asked to talk twice before but never was able to talk because the people before me took all the time. (Typical Mexican ward ha). I talked about the 8th chapter from the Teachings of President Joseph Fielding Smith, The Kingdom of God. I finally fully realized what that last paragraph means from the introduccion of the Book of Mormon. I have a testimony that we are truly in God's Kingdom here on Earth. The Church is directed by Christ and all of our leaders are called by our Loving Heavenly Father. 
THE GOSPEL IS TRUE
Mother's Day- They didn't have money for real flowers so they made flowers out of felt.
SHOUT OUTS! My little big brother turns 18 today?! Crazy! He and I are going to college together next semester! Elder Hussey also turned 21 on May 10th! FELIZ CUMPLEANOS!!! ALSO! Congrats to the newlyweds Mr. and Ms. Lisman! (My cousins Steph and Blake!) Always remember to pray everyday together!

Have a great week everyone!

Love,
       Elder Shurtliff

Costco  Dogs for Sister Garcia and her comp. from Costa Rica





Costco dogs for me and Elder Oliver
We went to Costco and I scored these awesome strawberries!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment