Monday, January 6, 2014

Its 2014!

Hola Hermanos y Hermanas,

Transfer Day! Elder Hernandez retired and left me to be comps with Elder Brewer! A gringo! He's from San Diego and one of his brothers served in Merida! He's one of those theater types and just has three months in Mexico so President told me to polish up his Spanish, but I'm stoked because this is the closest I have gotten to getting a son. This transfer the mission got 9 Sister missionaries and only 2 new Elders. 
Elder Brewer and I
My last week with Elder Hernandez was awesome! We worked real hard to talk with everybody and we got a ton of success with finding new investigators and teaching a lot more lessons. I'm trying to master having a good and spiritual 30 minute lesson like they talk about in Preach My Gospel. It has always been hard not to take 45 min or more but we are gettin' there! On New Years we planned on getting haircuts but after going to get haircuts, but we ended up partying in a 7-Up type store and eating junk food. Party!

This week we were teaching a sister who is all ready to be baptized and she's super stoked about it, but she has just one problem. She's hung up on her boyfriend who left her and she still hopes he will come back. We keep helping her see that if we just put our faith in Christ and obey, he will guide us to what's best even if it means leaving something you once loved. There's so much more blessings that God wants to give us but we just need to learn to let go to the stuff that keeps us behind. 

I hope everybody has an awesome week! Say hi to a random person today!

SHOUT OUT for my Grandmas!! Grandma 'Due and Grandma Shurtliff both have birthdays this week!

I love you all!

Con amor,
              Elder Shurtliff

No comments:

Post a Comment