Monday, February 25, 2013

I'm an Uncle!

I dedicate this blog to my brand new niece, Preszley. I'm officially an uncle and it feels awesome even from being thousands of miles away. CONGRATS TO MY BIG BRO TRAVIS AND MY FAVORITE SISTER IN LAW KENZIE!!!

So some other big news if you haven't heard is that the Merida Mexico mission is going to divide around June to make the brand new Cancun mission.  That means two brand new mission presidents also and if I stay here in Tizimin I'll be in the Cancun mission. We don't really know more than that, but its exciting to see things change and grow in the church.

So my new comp Elder Cromwell is actually from Idaho and is pretty strange (is currently stuffing a giant iguana he killed and ate), but he has 23 months just like my last comp so that means he has lots of experience that I will be able to learn from. We are getting along alright. We aren't best friends, but he likes to work out problems right when they start so we are doing good. It's nice to have an English comp so I understand what he's thinking a lot easier, but its hard to stick to the Spanish.

This first week with him has been pretty hard just because of all the changes and having to find a lot more new people to teach, but we are working with the ward a lot more and that will help a ton to get references. 

One of the highlights of the week was getting the best bacon calendar ever from Miss SARAH HENRETTY.
Requested funny tan line pic by Sarah and others!
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! It gave me the pick-me-up I needed and made me laugh harder than I have had laughed in a long time.

Thank you so much everyone for all your love and support!
Help your missionaries and give them a reference! Every member a missionary!
THE CHURCH IS TRUE

Love,
       Elder Shurtliff
I guess if we have American Eagle, it makes sense that they have Mexican Eagle as well as other types of Eagle stuff...hmmm I wonder what the Turkey Eagle shoes and clothes look like.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment