Monday, August 11, 2014

ITS YOUR FAVORITE ELDER FROM MEXICO!

Ha I know I'm going to say it over and over again like every other missionary, but I felt like I was in the MTC just yesterday. Ha especially because my MTC companion is my district leader now and it reminds me of when we were comps. I'm trying not to count days but everyone keeps reminding me ha. I'm not going to lie, its hard to keep focused sometimes but it helps to see how awesome things are going here.

Elder Ramirez and I are doing really good. We have a golden family of four (minus the dad) who get to church by themselves on time, participate, and ask lots of questions. On Saturday I also got to cross off one of the biggest things on my mission Bucket List. Baptism on the Beach!!! Ha we were able to have a baptism for David on the beach because he's a Marine Biologist and is in charge of cleaning the beaches and stuff. It was so awesome and so special. We left the church with about 50 people in a bus to take us all there together. We passed some people on the way to our spot and I can only imagine what they were thinking when they say so many men with ties on the beach ha. My comp got to baptize him and I shared a message and was one of the witnesses so I got to get in the ocean too! First and only time on the mission!
 
I'll try to send pics today.
 
SHOUT OUT TO EVERYONE!!! 2 Nephi 26:24
HASTA LO PRONTO!
Love,
       Elder Shurtliff

No comments:

Post a Comment