Monday, June 17, 2013

HOLA MIS AMIGOS

So this week was pretty great even though me and my comp were sick together. Ha I could barely talk so he pretty much did all the talking for three days, but I'm thinkin it helped us improve our unity a ton, believe it or not. 
I hope everyone had the best Father's Day weekend even the people who aren't dads. Everyone thinks I look old enough to be a dad here for some reason. Oh here's a fun fact. A slang word for cool here is Padre (father) so I have the most Padre padre in the world!
It was so great to be able to have a baptism for a little girl we have been teaching from a less active family. We thought she was 9 but the day of her baptism we found out she was only 8 so technically it doesn't count for us haha. Shes the cutest little girl though and their family is one of the nicest I have taught.

Baptism! with the sweetest little girl in Mexico!

My Mexican Mickey
Me and my comp are teaching lots of couples right now and so I feel like a couples' therapist ha. It's the best teaching families though. It's been fun seeing a lot of tourists at our Sacrament meetings lately. It's so weird to talk to them in English!
I have so much more to tell, but I'm all out of time.

SHOUT OUT to THE SARAH HENRETTY who sent me the best little gift. A mickey mouse pin with the Mexican flag! YOU DA BEST!

I love you all and that's why I keep telling you to read your Book of Mormon! Do it and thank me later!

Love,
       Elder Shurtliff

No comments:

Post a Comment